MT 5.01

I haven't been writing much since 2006, with nothing to say for several months until quite recently. When I tried to enter some posts and clean up some presentation issues, MT presented some odd behaviour. In fact I was unable to write or edit entries in Opera (which has become my browser of choice) which was probably related to the way Opera handled Java scripts. That seems to have gone away with an Opera upgrade and a reinstall of Java.

MT had been upgraded in the last year, including the release of version 5 in January 2010. I began the upgrades a couple of weeks ago. This was a more demanding upgrade. I installed MT 5.01 by a clean install. At that point I got lost on the upgrade path until I remembered - basically learned again - some of the server side file structure. Once I figured out which folder was my Web Root, I got the uploaded files in the right directories and CHMOD-ed and got the mt-configure.cgi file reading right.

MT tried to supersede many plug-ins and to revise the handling of templates - basically allowing for the incorporation of some pieces of the old templates in new widgets or template modules. I refreshed MT templates, lost some of the features in the sidebars on my old templates I have to go back and edit some templates to get some content back on line but it's on track again. On the positive side, this brings a lot of old files up to date and gives me a lot of new options. Assuming that I start to write again.

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by Tony Dalmyn published on March 22, 2010 9:00 AM.

Rosa was the previous entry in this blog.

4 years of IT is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.

Cycling Log

Archives

Widget-Links

Arts & Letters Daily
Blogcritics
Butterflies & Wheels
Sci-Tech Daily

LibraryThing

Creative Commons License
This blog is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Powered by Movable Type 5.2